Technical Principal - Front-End Developer
We're looking for an experienced front-end developer to join our award-winning team as a Technical Principal.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a forward-thinking digital agency that empowers creativity and provides a supportive, mentoring culture in a diverse team. Our clients are based around the world, including some of the biggest international brands, which means your work will have a global reach.
Our technology stack is modern and dynamic, including Node JS, React, TailwindCSS, Storybook, Docker. Many of our projects involve API integration, data visualisation and user-experience design.
The successful candidate must be passionate about delivering work to a high standard, using their experience and insight to deliver outstanding projects. You will be expected to work proactively, finding solutions to problems ensuring that projects are delivered on time and meeting our technical standards.
Soak is based in a beautiful open-plan office in central Norwich with easy access to local amenities, however we support a flexible working arrangement, with the possibility of some remote working.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical knowledge and expertise collaboratively as part of a project team to deliver innovative features and solutions to our clients.
- Work autonomously to ensure development priorities are met to a high standard and to the agreed specification.
- Maintain excellent communications with the project team, attending daily stand-ups, requesting support where needed and keeping stakeholders aware of progress.
- Contribute to project planning sessions, authoring technical approaches, estimates and other project documentation.
- Use experience and insight to further Soak’s commercial goals, advising on technologies, efficiencies and to help us continue to evolve as a digital agency.
- Provide guidance and leadership on assigned key accounts, reporting to the Technical Consultants and supporting the client-services team.
- HTML / CSS - strong understanding of accessible, semantic code within complex, bespoke designs. Animation experience is a plus.
- APIs / Headless CMS - experience of consuming and presenting API data in a front-end environment is desired. Our CMS technologies are WordPress and Strapi.
- Git / Version Control - Soak has a mature and well documented approach to version control, all codebases are held on our BitBucket and GitHub repositories.
- Front-end build tools - NPM, Webpack, Storybook and other tools are used on a daily basis.
- Data Visualisation - Soak specialises in data visualisation, user experience and UI design. Any experience in data presentation is a plus.
- Sketch - the ability to extract design assets is not essential as we have an experienced design team.
- Testing Frameworks - experience with front-end testing frameworks such as Jest or Cypress will be appreciated for our more complex builds.
- Salary - based on experience
- Holiday - 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Training - support and mentoring with our technologies
- 19th September 2021
- No recruitment agencies please